Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Photoshop CS5- Slapping All Those That Worked Hard in the Face

When I heard about the newest version of Photoshop (CS5) I was pretty excited to say the least. I started seeing some videos about the new things this version would bring. I hate to say it, but they're making it too easy. I'm sure all those out there that spent time trying to practice and figure out photoshop techniques are facepalming so hard right now. CS5 makes pro-techniques obsolete with new tools. Some of these new tools are easy selecting, content aware fill, puppet warp, and so many more. A good list I found is at http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/whatsnew/index.html?segment=photography.

The ones I really wanted to talk about is the content aware fill and puppet warp. Content aware makes it so that one can remove an object without and photoshop will fill the area left behind. Thus this destroys many techniques of touch up and using the clone tool. Why don't they just make it a little easier for those people just learning to manipulate pictures?! Others, like myself, have worked to learn special cheats and such to fix this type of problem!

The puppet warp tool especially blows my mind. It allows one to manipulate a selected object. An example is moving an arm if it looks awkward or whatnot. It's hard to really explain how it works. So look at this video instead! It also shows the content aware fill.



It's hard to say that I'm completely against all these improvements since I know I myself will probably be using them in the future. They would be incredibly useful. It just sort of is frustrating to know I've worked hard to learn how to get around these sort of problems and now there's a simple tool.

Any photoshoppers out there...I hope you get the chance so use CS5 soon! Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

    Those new tools look insane! Screw clone tooling that snake for hours. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tutorials
    Brushes
    wallpapers
    text effects
    premium accounts and much more visit now

    http://photoshop-urdu-tutorials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete